Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
A scrumptious chai tea latte is considered one of my favourite issues to drink, however the identical spices additionally make for an amazing chai sugar scrub. This warming scrub boosts circulation, improves pores and skin tone, and smells superb!
Exfoliation: Extra Than Pores and skin Deep
We hear it on a regular basis, however why is exfoliating so useful? It’s greater than eradicating useless pores and skin. Therapeutic massage and exfoliation assist stimulate blood and lymphatic circulation within the physique.
Our blood delivers vitamins and oxygen that cells should be wholesome and make repairs. On the similar time, the blood picks up toxins and waste merchandise to be faraway from the physique.
Simply as necessary, although much less acknowledged, is the lymphatic system. Not like blood which has the center for a pump, our lymphatic system depends on motion to work. Issues like dry brushing, rebounding, and exfoliating assist transfer issues alongside within the lymph system.
Why a Chai Sugar Scrub?
Therapeutic massage alone helps circulation, however the warming spices in chai additionally give it a lift. Herbs like cinnamon, clove, and ginger are all warming to assist transfer circulation to the surface of the physique. Listed below are extra methods these spices profit the pores and skin.
In line with the ebook, Herbal Medicine from the Heart of the Earth, cinnamon has pores and skin advantages. Cinnamon is astringent to tighten pores and fights dangerous micro organism and fungus. Even higher, it’s a free radical combating antioxidant.
Ginger tastes yummy in gingerbread cookies or a stomach soothing ginger ale, but it surely has loads of different well being advantages too. Ginger like cinnamon is an antioxidant. It might probably additionally assist calm irritation and dilate blood vessels close to the pores and skin for improved circulation.
Cloves, Nutmeg, and Cardamom… Oh My!
Cloves assist combat dangerous micro organism and fungus. Nutmeg, the scrumptious spice that offers eggnog its basic style, additionally has been proven to be antibacterial and antiviral. A number of research have additionally discovered cardamom and nutmeg (when consumed) could have anti-cancer advantages (so go forward and have that latte!)
Uncooked Honey for Pores and skin
Uncooked honey has been used for hundreds of years for wound therapeutic and pores and skin well being. It’s naturally antimicrobial and antioxidant in addition to filled with polyphenols and flavonoids. I exploit raw honey to wash my face and it’s simply as useful on this chai sugar scrub.
What You Received’t Discover in This Scrub…
Whereas I really like important oils and use them in a lot of my skincare recipes, you gained’t discover any right here. Why? Important oils like cinnamon, clove, and cardamom have particular advantages, however they’re additionally harsh on pores and skin.
By the point these potent essential oils are diluted enough to securely rub over the physique, there isn’t a lot scent left. Floor spices work higher right here since they’re not as irritating and add to the scrubbing motion.
Chai Sugar Scrub Recipe
This scrumptious smelling scrub exfoliates and improves pores and skin well being and look. Combine some up for a pampering session or to present as presents.
- Mix all elements in a small mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- Retailer in a lidded container and keep away from getting water within the container to stop it from spoiling.
- Use liberally everywhere in the physique. The heavy coconut oil or spices could irritate delicate facial pores and skin. Take a look at patch should you’re not sure!
Shelf life: 6-12 months so long as it’s saved away from water.
Different Pure Sugar Scrub Recipes
Within the temper for some extra scrubs? Right here’s a couple of to get you began!
Do you make your individual sugar scrubs? Are you within the temper for a chai latte now? ?
- Connealy, L. (2010). Boosting Circulation can Profit the Complete Physique. Retrieved from https://www.naturalnews.com/028444_circulation_healing.html
- Das, I, Acharya, A., Berry, D., Sen, S., Williams, E., Permaul, E., Sengupta, A., Bhattacharya, S, & Saha, T. (2012). Antioxidative effects of the spice cardamom against non-melanoma skin cancer by modulating nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factor 2 and NF-?B signaling pathways. Br J Nutr, 108(6), 984-97. doi: 10.1017/S0007114511006283.
- Qiblawi, S., Al-Hazimi, A., Al-Mogbel, M., Hossain, A., & Bagchi, D.(2012). Chemopreventive effects of cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum L.) on chemically induced skin carcinogenesis in Swiss albino mice. J Med Meals, 15(6), 576-80. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2011.0266.
- Saikaly, S., Khachemoune, A. (2017). Honey and Wound Healing: An Update. Am J Clin Dermatology, 18(2), 237-251. doi: 10.1007/s40257-016-0247-8.